GROW YOUR LEGACY
WITH A CURE FOR
WE’RE REMEMBERED BY WHAT WE GIVE.
TIME, WISDOM, LOVE AND SUPPORT.
Leaving a bequest in your Will is the culmination of a generous life — a way to ensure your impact will be felt long after you’re gone
and by people beyond just those you knew and loved.
Choose Cure4CF and soon, you’ll be remembered by an army for the disease you helped defeat.
Because your powerful parting gift will fund current and future research projects fighting for a cure for cystic fibrosis.
A cure, which will let 3,500 warriors plan for a life beyond their 40s.
A cure, which will eradicate the most commonly inherited life-limiting genetic disease from future generations.
A cure, which could be repurposed for other genetic diseases like cancer.
A cure is the greatest gift you could ever give, and it’s closer than ever before.
If you’re considering leaving a bequest, please call Suzy Dimaline, Cure4CF CEO, on 1300 131 480
to discuss your options and talk through any questions you have.
WHY CHOOSE CURE4CF?
Having invested over $3.3 million to date, Cure4CF is Australia’s largest private funder of cystic fibrosis research and the only CF charity dedicated to finding a cure.
We commit to supporting the most promising, translational CF research — the kind of projects that have the best chance of getting a cure into the hands of those who need it most.
Our grants process means those projects with greatest scientific, clinical and commercial merit secure the funding they need to achieve tangible clinical outcomes.
Each of our achievements is due to our rigorous and robust funding model, demonstrating excellent governance and utilising reporting frameworks supported by an expert Advisory Committee.
HOW TO GET STARTED.
A charitable bequest enables you to share the wealth you can’t take with you in a way that reflects what’s most important to you.
We always recommend talking to a solicitor when drafting or updating your Will, ensuring your wishes are articulated in legally binding and unambiguous terms so there is no confusion when it comes time to carry them out.
A solicitor can support you to:
- Calculate the value of your estate.
- Ensure loved ones are looked after first.
- Consider the types of bequests you could leave to Cure4CF.
- Draft and authenticate the final document.
- Communicate your wishes to friends and family.
Another option is to use an online platform, such as Willed. If you’re considering this avenue, you might like to take a look at some suggested wording to use in your Will.
WORDING YOUR WILL.
“I give to Cure4CF Foundation Limited. ABN 71 136 956 137. The rest and residue of my Estate, or ___ percent of my Estate, or ____ percent of the residue of my Estate, or the sum of $ ____________ for its general purposes free of all duties and taxes payable upon or in consequence of my death and I declare that the receipt of its Chief Executive Officer or other authorised officer shall be sufficient to discharge my executors for this bequest.”
We recommend you seek legal advice when making or changing a Will. It is very important to use the correct name — Cure4CF Foundation Limited ABN 71 136 956 137 — to avoid confusion and subsequent legal costs.
Please use the details above when you speak with your solicitor.
Thank you again for strengthening our CF Army with your incredible support. If you, your solicitor or trustee have any questions, please contact Suzy Dimaline, CEO on 1300 131 480 or email email@example.com
TYPES OF BEQUESTS.
Many in our army ask, ‘How can I create the most impact with my gift?’
The truth is that every contribution is extremely powerful; it’s about finding the one that best suits you.
There are four main types of bequests you can leave:
1. Residual gift: Choosing to leave the remainder of your estate to Cure4CF once taxes and debts have been paid and loved ones looked after. This is a popular option, as it retains its value over time, unlike fixed sum gifts which may reduce in value with inflation.
2. Fractional gift: Choosing to leave a percentage of your entire or residual estate. Similarly, this gift keeps up with inflation.
3. Pecuniary or specific gift: Choosing to leave either a fixed sum of money to Cure4CF, or an item of value such as a share portfolio or property.
4. Whole estate: Choosing to leave your entire estate to Cure4CF, usually left by those without family or other preferred beneficiaries, or those who wish to achieve something very significant with their gift.
LET US SAY THANKS.
We believe in saying thanks while you’re here to hear it.
Letting us know of your intentions means we can keep you up to date with research progress, invite you to impact events, continue to celebrate your support during your lifetime and honour your gift when you’re gone.
It also means that we’re able to better plan for future research.