Fundraising in a COVID world
This year has forced change on many industries and the not-for-profit sector is no different. Fundraising events certainly look different in a socially distanced world as we say goodbye to gala dinners and hello to virtual fundraisers.
There are many ways we can be safe while actively fighting cystic fibrosis as an army during this time. Here we take a look at COVID Safe fundraising.
What makes a fundraiser COVID Safe?
Any fundraising activities being organised at the moment have to take COVID and social distancing recommendations into consideration. The social distancing recommendations are different in each area so please check your government recommendations before planning an event.
This is an opportunity to get creative and raise funds to find a cure for cystic fibrosis together, while physically apart.
COVID Safe Fundraising Ideas
- Facebook Fundraiser – Create a fundraiser for Cure4 Cystic Fibrosis on Facebook. Set a goal and encourage your friends to support a great cause.
- Virtual Quiz Night – Organise a virtual quiz night. Ask people to donate to join in with you and you could organise a prize for the winner.
- Virtual Challenge – Set a challenge and get your friends and family to sponsor you. This might be to run on a treadmill or doing a number of push ups every day every day for 30 days.
- Virtual Dinner Party – Organise a virtual dinner party and ask people to donate to join in with you.
- Kick a bad Habit – Give up a bad habit and ask people to sponsor you.
- Donations instead of gifts – On a special occasion, instead of a gift ask for a donation instead.
- A Read-a-thon – Get sponsors to pledge a certain amount per book read, then read as many books as possible within a time-frame then reveal how many books you read and collect the money from your sponsors.
- Something with your hair – Shave, cut or colour your hair and get sponsors to support you. We think orange is a great colour to show your allegiance to the CF Army.
- A Music-a-thon – Get sponsors to pledge a certain amount per hour of music practice, then practice as much as possible within a time-frame then reveal how many hours you practiced and collect money from sponsors.
- Solo Fun Run – Do your own fun run and get your friends and family to sponsor you. Set a distance, train, complete your distance and collect the money.
- Get baking – If you’re a brilliant baker put your talents to good use. Ask friends, family or neighbours for a donation in return for making their favourite cakes, bakes or box of treats!
- Run a workshop – Got a special skill people always ask you about? How to make your famous cheesecake or do that painting? Ask your friends and family for a donation, run a virtual workshop and donate the proceeds to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis.
- Say thank you – Want to say thank you to a special someone who has everything or can’t get something delivered? Make an investment in life-changing medical research on their behalf.
- PJ Party – Get your friends together for a virtual PJ party and ask each of them for a donation to …
- Donate your commute or coffee – Working from home and saving money on coffee or commute? Every little bit counts towards our fight for a cure.
See our Fundraise For Us page for more information on how to register your event.
Please remember your health and well-being is our top priority. If you have any questions, our fundraising team is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch on info@cure4CF.org or call 1300 131 480.